Why I Am a Candidiate
I am running to be a voice for the children, teachers and parents who have been shut out of the conversation related to educational policy in our state.
Constant change has produced chaos in our education system for teachers, parents, and students. We have always had changes, but the past three years have seen a complete overhaul of our education system unlike anything that we have ever known. It is unrealistic and inequitable to expect that all children will function at the same level, at the same age, including those with special needs. Yet, these are the current expectations in the system.
The environment in the classroom is creating anxiety and stress at levels I have never seen before. Louisiana has the second-highest rate in the nation for dispensing medication to school-age children.
Please take a moment to look around the website, and contact me if you would like more information. Questions and concerns are welcome.
I humbly ask for your vote on October 24, 2015! Thank you.
- Testing and data collection limits the amount of classroom instruction
- Increased anxiety and stress surrounding the testing environment
- Loss of control for educational decisions at the local level
- Lack of input from the public on education policy
- Teaching to the test, rather than a traditional education, is a major issue
- People are expressing their frustration and disapproval, but most elected officials are not listening